Saturday, April 22, 2006

Porch sittin'
so last night I finally got around to watching Cider House Rules with the kid from Spiderman & Pleasantville and that blonde from...uh...something. charlize? Is that a name or a verb?
It also stars Delroy Lindo who I think is always pretty good and I think kinda looks like my friend Derek, except much older.
Spiderman is raised as an orphan and unwillingly apprentices as an abortion doctor. He eventually leaves with charlize and her husband to work on the husband's parent's orchard. The husband eventually ships off to WWII and Spidey and charlize hook up and then the ol' Webslinger has to abort a fetus in Delroy's daughter that was fertilized by him. some people die (fairly willingly) and then Spidey returns to the orphanage and takes over for the doctor who trained him to begin with.
This movie did absolutely nothing for me. There were no reall surprises in the plot. If I grew up in an orphanage in Maine and I finally decided to leave, I wouldn't work on an orchard in the same state and then go back to the same orphanage. I'd head south to see what this whole bikini thing is all about. They got apples down there too!

No comments: