Saturday, September 16, 2006

Couch Sittin
So it's the weekend and what are we doing? Bubkus.
Last night we went out for a small celebatory dinner because my better half made herself even MORE better. You didn't think she could do that, did you? Me either. We ate at TJ Elliot's on 197 in Bowie. I had the scallops scampi which was quite tasty. Cara got some kind of steak with sauteed peppers, onions, and garlic on top. For dessert, we split an a slice of apple pie a la mode.
We found out that my in-laws contracted on a house in Ft. Worth, so I spent the rest of the evening looking up restaurants in town and signing up for nearly a dozen e-mail lists at said eateries. Cara fell asleep early and I watched a bunch of crap on tv (Jimmy Kimmel show, some show about dogfights on History Channel, etc)
Today I got up early to pay some bills and stuff like that.
Cara and I both got a smile out of her disputing a charge on a new credit card, some kind of fee that we didn't initiate. I LOVE that she's on my side.
We got lunch (my breakfast) at the diner again (not a complaint) where we each got the turkey burger deluxe, mine with swiss. They were delicious.
I spent the rest of the day watching and sleeping through college football. I'm thrilled that UM beat notre dame.
What'd be really nice is if the Mets could beat the Pirates just once, a team they're ahead of by 30 games!
We had some steak for dinner and then Cara went off to a bachelorette party where she'll probably skip out on the line dancing portion of the evening. I can't really blame her, since she doesn't line dance and she doesn't know any of the girls. Still, it's a chance to drink a lot; if it was me, I'd probably take one for the team. However, I haven't heard from her yet, so maybe she got talked into going out with them...
Since I haven't had the chance to ride my bike in over a week, I got back on the treadmill, watching an episode of The Wire. To celebrate, I'm pounding the gin & tonics.
I got out of work early yesterday so I watched Mystery Men via Netflix. It was just plain awful. Ben Stiller just isn't funny and neither is Janine Garofolo. Don't bother wasting your time by watching this movie.
And if you haven't heard, the Booty administration has started in southern California.
tomorrow I plan on watching pro football all day.
Our big plans for the weekend are to go to the new Giant grocery store that opened up yesterday. I'm gonna make two different chili recipes. One is from Men's Health, but I'll let Cara have some if she wants to anyway.
I'll let y'all know how that goes.

ttfn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Last night we went out for a small celebatory dinner because my better half made herself even MORE better. You didn't think she could do that, did you?"

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! It's a shame I didn't get to read this before I left because I would have given you a gazillion smooches. Guess I'll be doing that tomorrow!