Saturday, March 25, 2006

Porch sittin'
So what have I been up to?
Somehow, I went and got myself kinda sick again, being congested since Wednesday. It's been like twice a month in 2006 that I've gotten some kind of bug. Before my company switched from endlessly accruing sick days to only getting six per year, I've come down with something like five times. Last year? Maybe twice.
I really don't get it, I eat well, I get exercise, I routinely get at least 7 hours of sleep per night, I don't live in squalor....maybe this house we bought is one of those poisonous houses, like my mom's was known as a vomitorium for a while a few years ago (four people who slept downstairs wound up getting pretty sick (naturally, two of the times, it was me)).
We had a little delay in having carpet installed in our two downstairs bedrooms so everything we kept in them is still piled unceremoniously in our living room. One of those things is our treadmill. It had been warm enough to go jogging in shorts last week, but this week it had been cooler and then I got sick.
I finally got some exercise today by pruning some branches off a tree in the backyard that had been affected by the snow we got last month. Some of the branches were pointed down and were actually touching the ground. Sensing this would cause a problem for me when I fertilize and mow, I cut off a bunch of them. And since I read that it was supposed to rain today, I figured it'd be a good time to put down the springtime fertilizer, so I did. Naturally, it hasn't rained yet and it probably won't until I try putting out the sprinkler. Then it'll rain.
Get this: Soul Train is still on tv.

Anyways, I saw that ChemLawn is offering to give a free review of your lawn. I took them up on it and found out that we have Kentucky Bluegrass and 2 kinds of Zoysia (or something like that) we got some crabgrass, dandelions and a few other weeds, and we got thatch. That means I get to aerate the lawn in the fall. I'm looking forward to that. I also have to put down some lime which I'm also looking forward to, but not as much.
tomorrow I plan on maxing and relaxing, doing some laundry (all of it, really), watching the race at Bristol, and the two basketball games. I'll probably fit in a nap somewhere too.
Oh, the Mr. Steve Martin episode of SNL is on again tonight. Just in case, I'm much more sober than the first time it was on, and I'm taping it on my dvr.
That's about it, I can't think of anything else to blog about...for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're sick again, guess it's going around. Hope you feel better!! Ha ha, and I got to see the SNL with Steve Martin finally...good stuff!!! :)