Friday, February 03, 2006

Pet Peeves: This is something I plan on writing about whenever I can think of one to add.

1. People who use the same words or phrases over and over again. "Whatnot" has been a big one for me for years. Last year some guy called into my morning radio show, Elliot in the Morning and used the phrase "...this, that, and the other" more than once a minute for the duration of his call. I work with a guy who prefaces every opinionated statement with "Well, my thing is (insert statement here)"
I would hope that people would realize there there are like a Brazillion other words in the dictionary that, in various combinations, work as a perfectly good substitute for their phrasical crutch as well as the one that they tend to use.
It's called THINKING people!!!

No comments: