Thursday, January 19, 2006

Porch sittin'
Have I ever told you how much of an idiot I can be?? It doesn't happen often, but I make sure to get my money's worth: One of the many bedrooms we have here at FuzzyMansion contains our treadmill, a tv/dvd combo, and a whole bunch of crap. Some people have a drawer, we have a room. Anyhoo, I decided that one way to keep the rest of the house a bit warmer would be to keep the doors closed to the rooms that we rarely use. I'm in this room for about an hour when I get home from work to use the treadmill. After that, I might peek in to use some of the food we have stashed in there, or maybe to look for something that I think my better half hid in there when we were moving in.
The knob has a lock on it that engages by pushing in a big button from the inside of the room. On the wall, there is a big rubber stopper to help keep the knob from scuffing or indenting the wall. It makes a lot of sense to be there, and I'm happy that it is. However, when the door is opened with enough force, the rubber stopper thingy is perfectly positioned to engage the lock. I discovered this a few months ago but forgot. Needless to say, I just locked ourselves out of that room.
I guess now when I go for my Weight Watchers' weigh in, I'll have a great excuse for fattening up.
There is no obvious way to unlock the door. I had to remove a similar knob from the door to the garage and it took me a few days to do it, even after I resorted to bashing the bejesus out of it with a claw hammer.
Maybe I left the window open that looks out onto the patio? Or I could install a doggy door from the other bedroom into that one (I have been meaning to drill a hole between the two rooms to feed the cable to the tv in there...) for whenever this happens again.
I guess I'll be shopping for more knobs for the other 6 doors in the house. ARGH!!!

On the plus side, tonight's OC has the most potential for an all-time great episode since the one where skinny girl and the hot blonde lesbian kissed.

No comments: