Thursday, January 19, 2006


Porch sittin'
Remember that door I locked? Well there's a wee little hole on the flange and I figured that an end of a wire hanger would fit perfectly in there, and I WAS RIGHT!!!! Not only that, but doing that unlocked the godforsaken door!! If I had a happy dance, this is probably what it would look like: (see above)

I did the same thing last night when I figured out how to get the stopper thingy out of the drain in the sink upstairs. The drain was clogged something awful. Once I got the stopper thingy out, getting the gook out was fairly easy, as well as nasty. I described it to my better half as "guts, some black stuff, and about 50 Slim Jims" and some hair to boot.
Now that it's unclogged, it drains like an airplane bathroom, with air pressure sucking the water down. Just watch out for the blue ice if you're downstairs.

I'm trying to watch the Knicks-Pistons "game" and the strangest thing is happening. In the background, you can hear all the sound about 5 seconds before you hear it in sync with the picture. The other channels seem to be working normally, though they do sometimes sound a bit tinny. I'm thinking it's time to get a new receiver. I've had this one for about 3 years, and I think when I got it, it was a bit behind the times. since we moved, it tends to 'Overload' when there is a short, loud sound like gunshots. It's pretty annoying. I guess it *could* be the way I wired it which may or may not be the same way it was before we moved. Eh. Something to look forward to.
Time for an ice cream sandwich and then OC!

Out.

No comments: