Sunday, January 29, 2006

So my weekend was pretty average. We went to Glory Days Friday night for dinner. You know it's a slow night when the sports bar is showing Scooby Doo and some political talk show
"Camus can do, but Saartre is Smaartre"
"Scooby Doo can doo doo, but Jimmy Carter is smarter."

Saturday, the better half and I brought her car to the dealership to have a headlight replaced. i tried to replace it, but I think I would have to take the battery out to see what I'm doing. Luckily, it was only $12, though you'd think it would be covered by the warranty....
Anyhoo, I brought her in to work (sucker) then ran some errands. I took some time to catch the UMD game from Will Bowers's hometown. Unfortunately, UMD really stunk it up.
If there's a guy who played plenty minutes as a freshman, don't you think he'd either be starting as a senior or coming off the bench to give Sean Kemp (the young one, not the fat one) some rest?? UMD's championship team in '02 might have won the final 4, but this year's class beats them in arrests.
Anyway, I digress.
Eventually, I picked up Cara from work and we walked down to Penn Ave to eat at Elephant & Castle. It was fairly tasty and had a pint of Boddington's. Hadn't had that in a long time. Then we came home and didn't binge drink. It was like the first time in a month.
today was a trip to Costco, the butcher and the grocery store.
I finally made use of the pressure cooker that my better half gave me for my birthday two years ago. I made this chili recipe courtesy Alton Brown & Good Eats. It was ok. I wound up only using beef, no pork or lamb.
I'm sure you'll all be happy to know that the pressure cooker didn't blow up. I think tomorrow I'm gonna make Alton's beef broth
But, the whole reason I'm writing tonight is this: During the Simpsons tonight, there was a background voice that was saying what the characters were doing. It's like a vocal closed captioning. We talked to two other people and their tvs were normal. Has this ever happened to you? It was only that show, not the ones before or after, though they suck so much, who would know?
Dang, my brother just called and now I've lost all train of thought.
I'm still trying to figure out how to get these links to work. Any ideas?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hm, you have a weird aversion to the word "wife". Guess who.