Saturday, January 14, 2006

Porch sittin'
I'm finally watching Dirty Rotten Scoundrels on one of the hbos that we have. How is it that Mr. Steve Martin didn't win an Oscar for the scene where Michael Caine kept whapping him with the little metal dealy? He was robbed.
I just finished making waffles. Cara and I got the ubiquitous (Belgian) waffle maker for our wedding, probably at my request, and I haven't used it as much as I would've liked, though it's probably about the norm for wedding gifts such as this. The recipe called for enough batter to make 4 waffles, but I only ate one. I'm gonna try the Good Eats method to freeze the rest. It's not really a method so much as it is putting each one in a ziplock bag and putting them in the freezer. Maybe I can get my name attached to that method, much like the "Caine-Hackman Theory".
For those of you who may not know, the Caine-Hackman theory was introduced to us in the movie PCU with Jeremy Piven and David Spade. One of the members of the frat was researching a thesis that at any time of day or night, there is a Michael Caine or Gene Hackman movie on tv. A Bridge Too Far, with both actors (also: James Caan, Sean Conery, Elliott Gould, Anthony Hopkins, Laurence Olivier, Robert Redford, Ryan O'Neal) would be his closing argument.
Frankly, this movie sounds like a key step in any 6 Degrees game.

My weekend plans: My buddy Tu is coming over so we can get sushi @ Sakura here in Bowie, and then maybe we'll watch some football. Actually, it's a guaratee that I'm going to watch, it's just a question of how long he sticks around for.
We both really really really want the Redskins to lose today. I wasn't surprised that they beat Tampa last week. It seems like the wild card games are filled with teams that aren't complete, they just played an easier schedule than some other teams. Seattle seems to be a vastly more formidable opponent than Tampa. But then, if Washington didn't get all those turnovers, they would've lost the game.
Tonight, if Cara ever gets out of work, we're gonna have dinner and maybe watch a movie. I'm going to make the Macaroni and Cheese recipe that was in the NY Times a few weeks ago. We'll probably also wind up drinking a lot too. That's been our new thing is Saturday night binge drinking. It's pretty fun. Cara has her margaritas and appletinis, and I'll drink pretty much anything that isn't 'girly'. It's always nice to hold on to a bit of your youth, isn't it?

Anyhoo, I gots to get a shower so I'll talk to y'all later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm really disappointed at how the playoffs are turning out, so very disappointed. I'm pissed carolina lost, god i hate them...grr.
Kimberly