Sunday, January 08, 2006

Porch sittin'

Have I mentioned how much I hate Olive Garden?
Probably not as this is my first post (maybe the 2nd if I figure out how to retrieve a draft)

Back when i was 16, I loved the place. It was the first of the chain, flavorless, crappy service restaurants that make a living of their advertising campaign. Since then, I've found that i can make a better dish. The marinara sauce is watery and bland, and everything else is in an unhealthy alfredo sauce. The serving portions aren't enough to overcome those deficencies. The service is routinely awful.
They're nice enough to indicate a few lower calorie dishes, but there's only like 3 of them. 3. I think one of them is just the salad.

Last Monday, Jan. 2, I had to work (such is the life of an accountant, we can't get enough of it) As a reward, we were bought lunch on the company. My boss was going to make the pickup and told me that she wasn't going to Bugaboo Creek Steakhouse in Landover/Largo but would drive to the OG in Bowie. I was highly disappointed with this, but the big picture was the free lunch.
I made sure to get my money's worth: linguini with seafood, liter bottle of mineral water, and a slice of cheesecake to bring home to my better half. If I had to work on her last day off before busy season, she was going to get something out of it.
The seafood amounted to 3 mussels, 4 or 5 of the little scallops, and maybe a half dozen of the inch-diameter shrimp. Oh, and there was maybe 2 ounces of pasta, all for the outrageous price of $10!!! (the special lunch price)
I will never be going there again. If I really need a pasta fix, I'll just make it myself. Lord knows I have enough of it sitting around.

Quote of the day: "Sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I wouldn't know because I'd never eat the filthy motherfucker."
- Jules - Pulp Fiction

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a Great quote!!!
Kimberly